It’s a tough world out there. No matter how hard you try to come out on top, reality’s intangible strings always hold you down. Your credit score can either break that string off for good or strengthen it for worse. Your credit score is as important as your social security number- Everyone needs to have a look at it. Be it your fiancé’s dad, your child’s school, your employer, or banks; credit score paints a clear picture and at just one look, you know where you stand.
The question that comes to our mind is- If the credit score is that essential; shouldn’t we get it checked out from a very reliable source? If a three-digit number has so many responsibilities on its shoulders, it better come out accurately. With the rise of the internet, credit score can be easily checked online. However, with so many options to try, picking out the best website to check credit score sounds like a tedious task.
To prevent you from wandering into bad credit score check websites, we tried a handful of credit check websites and came up with 5 best websites to check credit score. Here’s a detailed profile for each of them below.
Back in 2010 when there weren’t a lot of trustworthy credit check websites, Credit Sesame turned out to be a clear winner. Offering free credit scores, credit monitoring, alerts and analysis of your credit & loans; they don’t even require a credit card to sign up and accounts are automatically updated monthly with an updated credit score. It’s definitely one of the best websites to check credit score.
- What’s so special about it: Any formidable credit website requires a Credit card for sign up but in Credit Sesame’s case, it is a no-nonsense process which takes what is really needed. No hidden clauses there, and believe us when we say it is the best website to check credit scores.
- How would it help my Credit score? Credit Sesame provides a forecast of your personal financial situation in the foreseeable future, which gives a helpful insight of your standing. Also, all credit and personal loans can be managed at one place, with credit sesame offering valuable suggestions to make your credit score better.
Free Credit Score is another one of those credit check websites that do a lot more than what’s asked for. With a considerably wide menu of things to offer to its user, Free Credit Score has a primary focus on being a credit check website. It is a real quick way to find out your credit score, hence making it the best website to check credit score if you’re in a hurry.
- What’s so special about it: Free Credit Score is free and has an easy sign-up procedure. Checking your credit score is as easy as one two three, and your credit score appears up front in a matter of minutes. Also, they have expert assistance 24×7.
- How would it help my Credit score? As and when you’re done with checking your credit score, Free Credit Score gives you a lot of options- plan your retirement with exclusive retirement planner; find ways to improves your credit score by learning how to optimize your debt; and if you need some human help, chat with a pro.
If you stick to basics, LendingTree helps its users get the best deal possible on loans. That’s what they say, and they deliver what they say. However, that isn’t the only thing LendingTree does. Experts at EBC consider LendingTree as one of the best websites to check credit scores. Offering a wide arsenal of services from Credit score checks to helping consumers get offers from multiple lenders for their financial needs.
- What’s so special about it: Connecting consumers with loan providers of all sorts, financing and re-financing offers, personal and auto loans; all of these make LendingTree what it is. The real gem in this treasure though is the credit score checker.
- How would it help my Credit score? LendingTree checks your credit score without any effect on it, and it catches hold of factors that have a bad impact on your credit score. As if this isn’t enough, LendingTree gives you sound advice on how to increase your credit score for good.
Rating: 3.5/5 (Brownie points for financial assistance solutions)
Although Your Score and More is not free, it offers a 7-day trial to all their new users. After that membership charge amounts to roughly $30 per month. The primary focus of this website is to figure out your credit score as accurately as they can, and make sure that the details of your credit score and credit history are kept safe and sound. If you’re superstitious about your data getting stolen, then Your Score and More has to be the best website to check credit score for you.
- What’s so special about it: Your Score and More is so safe to use, they even offer a $1,000,000 identity theft insurance to all their members when they sign up. Any fraudulent activity by hackers or service providers is immediately identified due to close inspection from Your Score and More. So pay $30 a month and be safe.
- How would it help my Credit score? Things like hacker attacks or frauds impact your credit score like anything, and with increased internet banking services this can happen to me and you anytime. However, with Your Score and More by our side, at least there’s a trustworthy name to answer for our low credit score in case something like this happens.
If you’re hesitant to punch in your credit card digits to get credit scores, you just got to wait a mint. Mint is free of any hidden fee and never asks for your credit card details. The easy explanation of finance along with a concise summary of your credit report makes mint very easy to use.
- What’s so special about it: Mint is absolutely free, and that’s not even the best part. It offers a variety of services from brokerage to 401(k) advice, which makes it a one-stop shop for all the personal finance needs.
- How would it help my Credit score? With an easy interface and mobile application, it is fairly easy to figure out what is wrong with your credit score.
When I was young, my mum used to say “If a secret is too hot to handle, only blurt it out to people you trust.” Your credit score is your secret alright, and you got to make sure that you find the most trustworthy, best website to check credit score. Pick out any of the four we mentioned, you won’t be disappointed (unless your credit score is low…till you fix it up).