Best Cash Back Credit Card For 2019
This Is The Highest Cashback
Card On The Market
- The Chase Freedom card is an all-time favorite cash-back credit card with no fee.
- No annual fee has earned it a cult following and has made it a permanent dweller in the wallet of the thousands.
- To earn a signup bonus, one has to spend a minimum of $500 in the first quarter from the date of issue; which is lowest in the industry
- That 5% cash back is more than enticing, and when used with a premium Chase Sapphire or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, it can help you make the most out of Chase Ultimate Rewards Program.
Chase Freedom Cash-back Card
CREDIT RATTING REQUIRED : Good, Excellent
No Annual Fee
- Earn 5% cash back for spending on categories that change from quarter to quarter, plus 1% points on everything else.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases.
- Quick and Complete Online Application
- 0% Intro APR on balance transfers for 15 months.
- APR of 17.24-25.99%. Balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount transferred.
- Cash Back rewards don't expire as long as the account is active. Moreover, there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
What I like about Chase Freedom Cash-back Card?
Chase Freedom gives you 5% cash back for spending on various categories (which rotate every quarter). Further, it gives you 1% cash back on every dollar that you spend. This simply translates to that you will always earn a minimum of 1% cash back whatever you might spend on - repairs, groceries, and gifts etc.
No annual fee earns it a cult following among those who don't use a lot of credit on an annual basis. The $500 spending prerequisite to getting $150 cash back as a sign-up bonus is probably the lowest in the industry.
The 5% cash back on bonus categories can be made optimum use of by the savvy user who can plan out his expenditures accordingly or maybe buy for the near future. However, it’s critical to note that the 5% rewards categories are only available on the first $1,500 spent in bonus categories every quarter. For the rest of the expenditures, 1% cash back shall apply.
Another feature which Chase Freedom stand out from the lot is its Ultimate Rewards website. On this website, you can redeem points in the form of cash, credit statement or even travel. This reward system allows you to combine points with other Chase cards and even completely transfer the points from one Chase card to another.
If in case your credit needs grow in the future, you could migrate to other Chase cards without losing your points. This is one of the biggest reasons that Chase cards are immensely popular in the market.
Where it falls short
Even though this card is big on the 5% cash back for bonus categories that keep changing, it's doesn't go well with people who travel quite often. You will need to sign up for the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card or another premier Chase card if you want to make the best use of its reward system. This is where Chase falls short as a standalone.
Who Should Go For It:
- People who want to earn cash back on all of their purchases
- Those who want to use their points in a certain type of category with no annual fee
- People who want to earn points that are redeemable for different rewards
Who Should Let Go:
- Heavy consumers of credit who could benefit more from upgrading to one of the top rewards cards
- People who want to ditch the hassle of tracking bonus categories
- Those who want a card that is associated with a specific hotel chain or airlines
Alternative to Chase Freedom Cash-back Card
American Express Blue Cash Preferred Card
The card gives a stellar performance for everyday use. A perfect alternative to cash back cards. Although it comes with a whopper annual fees, you can definitely cut that out from cash backs if, you shop regularly from departmental stores. Amex cards are a good fit for your wallet if you work well with everyday purchases.
- Earn $200 back after you spend $1000 in your first 3 months
- Bonus offer for new card Holder
- 6% cash back on supermarket purchases, 3% cash back on gas station and selected departmental store, 1% cashback on other purchases
Although Chase Freedom card comes in handy for establishing credit or for balance transfers, the real benefits are reaped in tandem with complimentary use of a Chase card. There are better rewards card in the market with up to 2% cash back on purchases with a low annual fee. However, not many cards offer 5% cash back in categories that Chase Freedom offers.Click To Apply For Chase Freedom Cash-back Card