Best Credit Card For 2019
This Is The Most Preferred Credit Card In The Market
- The best credit card for the best rewards, from sign-up bonus, earning bonus points to cash back on travel. There is a reason why this card is the best in the class.
- Yield $1300 over the span of two years, just with the initial bonus and no annual fee during the first year.
- Earn points for travel on any airline or at any hotel and redeem points on dining worldwide.
- Transfer your points onto one account but within the chase card family.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
CREDIT RATTING REQUIRED : Excellent, Good
18.24% – 25.24%
Excellent, Good (850-670)
- Earn 50,000 bonus point after you spend $4,000 on purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2x points on travel from airfare and hotels to taxis and trains and 2x point dining at restaurant worldwide.
- No foreign transaction fee and waiver of the annual fee for the first year.
- Earn 1 point on every $1 spent on all the other purchase.
- Earn 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruise through chase rewards.
- Enjoy premium travel benefits with no blackout date and travel insurance.
Why Choose Chase Sapphire Preferred Card?
Sign Up Bonus –You get to earn 50,000 points after you have spent $4,000 in the first three months which can be redeemed in two ways. You can either choose to redeem the points as cash or gift card, the points will get converted as 1 cent per point or you can choose the other way to redeem points that is by booking your next travel through this card. Choose the latter one and you get an additional 20% discount which accounts for $1.25 for every point. In short, you can get as high as $625 just from sign up bonus points.
Earning rewards through purchases – The Chase Sapphire Preferred card gives you three ways to earn yourself some extra points. Earn 2x points on travel purchases from travel to hotels, earn 2x points on restaurant purchases worldwide for dining, and 1 point for every $1 spend on other purchases.
Travel Bonus – If you are a frequent traveler, then no other card is more suitable than chase sapphire preferred. With travel purchases that get you 2x points, you are also eligible for auto rental collision damage waiver, trip cancellation/interruption insurance. And, if that was not enough, you get baggage delay insurance, perfect for those who like to save money while traveling.
Referral and transfer bonus – Another way to earn more bonus points is by referring your friends and family which can add up to extra 50,000 points. Chase sapphire card has a special feature where you can transfer point from one account to another but only the points from other chase cards.
Save money while traveling – Frugal traveler are the most benefitted from this card who doesn’t like to spend big bucks. As the card waiver its first-year annual fee and there is no foreign transaction fee as well.
1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel programs – Chase sapphire has almost around 10 airline and hotel partners and if you still can’t find the accommodation with these partners, you can transfers your point to its 11 rewards partners at 1:1 ratio.
Where it Falls Short
The card is big on rewards, cash back, and bonus if you travel and dine often, but it doesn’t go well with people who are more likely to use credit cards on everyday shopping. You will need to sign up for the other chase cards. Even if the card matches your checkpoints, the card still falls behind in some ways.
Annual Fee of $95 – Waived for the first year, the card still holds an annual fee of $95 for the rest of the year. On comparing it with other travel cards, the fee may not seem that high considering the extra bonus Chase Sapphire Preferred card offers. But to reimburse the annual fee, you will be required to swipe the card at least a few times.
Good Credit Score – Applicant is required to have a minimum credit score of 670. Your approval doesn’t just depend on your score as your current income and debt also pay their role but a quick approval is only possible when you fall under the good credit score.
Alternative Picks of Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
First Access Visa® Card
If you are looking to rebuild your credit score, First Access Visa® Card comes as a good alternative to The First Progress Platinum Elite MasterCard® Secured Credit Card. You will be required to pay the annual fees of $75 which will get reduced to $48 in the next year. With APR at 34.99%, First Access Visa® Card can be a good option for bad credit cardholders.
- Minimum Credit score – 300
- Reports to all 3 major bureaus can increase credit score
- Minimum credit limit – $300
Venture® from Capital One®
The card from capital one comes very close to the chase sapphire preferred in terms of the reward it offers. With an APR rate of 17.99% – 25.24% (variable), you won’t be required to pay any foreign transaction fee. With the perks of transferring your points, travel accidental insurance and unlimited reward, the venture card is quite close to its sister card from Chase. The only difference is their credit score slab which requires you to have an excellent score.
- 50,000 bonus points once you spend $3,000 on purchase within 3 months.
- Earn 2x miles per $1 on the everyday purchase.
- Earn 10x miles on thousand of hotels through 2020.
There is no better card than the chase sapphire when looking for a travel card. With a big bonus point and flexible ultimate reward points, the card is a stellar performer among all the other travel cards. So, get ready to ignite your wanderlust soul because this card can help you fill out your passport easily and that is probably the reason why it is considered a must-have card among many travelers.